The Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grill

cuz we kool

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NFL Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Banhammer
Banhammer
The Dude

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Discuss the NFL.

It will be interesting how the Jets do with Favre.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:26 pm

I've lost all respect Favre. Like someone said, he's "Pulling a Kurt Warner". No one even gives a shit about Warner anymore. He's not even a starting quarterback! I assume the same will happen with Favre.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Banhammer
Banhammer
The Dude

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Favre is going to be the starting QB...
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:51 pm

I know. Warner started off as starter aswell but as time goes on, I assume his abilities will diminish and a younger player eager to play will replace him and he'll drop to 2nd string.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:58 pm

Sigh, he should've just left as a legend. I'm glad he's coming back, but he should've left while he was ahead. As time goes by, Farve gets older and older, and there's less of a chance of him being able to keep up with all the younger players.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:01 pm

I believe the same happened with Drew Bledsoe. He was a legend, no question about it until he decided to stay. Then he came to the Pats and played for a bit only for the GM to realize an up and coming superstar (Brady) was arising as their 2nd/3rd string. Than Drew's career was over.

Same will happen with Farve. He's playing in an era that doesn't belong to him.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Exactly. He should leave while a legend, as all would know that he left a legend, and his legend will live on, but he broke it by coming back to the NFL, not only that, he comes back and gets moved to a different team. Makes his "Legend" status drop even more, as now Packer fans wouldn't be able to claim "Oh, yeah? We have Farve!" any more. Now they'll be left with Farve memories.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Plus, Packer fans are now deeming him a traitor. You can't become a legend if considered a traitor.
In a Jets press conference, I remember Favre saying "I am not a traitor". I literally lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Discussion   NFL Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Discussion
Page 1 of 1