The Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grill

cuz we kool

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NBA Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Well, seeing as how all the other sports have been mentioned, what's left of USA's main sports is Basketball.

So, I'm pretty sure Celtics are going to Playoffs again, but I doubt they'll be back-to-back champions. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Banhammer
Banhammer
The Dude

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Can't say I follow basketball at all but I used to say I was a Nets fan because they played out of New Jersey. Razz
Back to top Go down
Unity
Banhammer
Banhammer
Unity

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Celtics suck, Pistons should of won the ECF.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 pm

They don't suck, their team is just overrated.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Vindicated wrote:
The only Canadian team sucks.

Stole this from the MLB thread. =]

Although it's nice to see Bosh on the Olympic team and dominating.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Toronto was beasting when they had the well-known Vince Carter, at least Toronto was left with memories of Carter's legend. Basketball

Nets are stuck with his 360-degree layups now, he's not as active in the air as he use to be now.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:14 pm

Ah yes, I remember Air-Canada. cyclops
That was before everyone hated him too. =P
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:17 pm

Vinsanity known as Air-Canada? Suspect

Hm, never heard of that nick-name before. Anyways, he should've stuck around and wait for Bosh! If he stayed, him and Bosh as of now would be beasting out on the court, along with Jermain O'neil now!
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:18 pm

Meh, they were better without him back when they had Patterson and Camby on the team. I was too young to remember but I've heard many things about the team back in the day. Also the Vancouver Grizzlies. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 pm

Not quite sure about that, but Sacramento King is my hometown team, and we haven't had any superstar for awhile now... I guess Kevin Martin can be considered a Star, but no SuperStar, at least Carter was.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:23 pm

I remember when the Kings were right up there with the Lakers. The Lakers were awesome with Fox, Fisher, Shaq and Kobe but the Kings had their own lineup of superstars with Divac, Webber, Bibby and that dude that always hit the 3-pointers (forget his name; something European).
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Peja, still can't remember his last name, but he was great. That was a great team, and I will remember year 2002, how the refs cheated.

At:
C - Divac
PF - Webber
SF - Peja
SG - Doug Christie
PG - Mike Bibby

Which reminds me, Bobby Jackson is coming back to Kings, as Kings would lose Artest.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Oh man, those names bring back memories. I remember playing NBA 2K2 on the Dreamcast. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Eh, I stick to EA's NBA Live games. Still slammin' on everybody with Carter.

IMO, he was a better dunker than even Jordan. Cool
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:20 pm

I have to admit, Carter was more creative with his dunks. I had a poster of him in my room of him doing the under the leg dunk.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:13 pm

He was way creative, I love every single of his dunk in the 2000 Slam Dunk contest. Cool
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:23 pm

But those times are gone. I miss the 2000's or so when it was all about the Lakers but there were still some huge names scattered across the league like Allen at the Sonics, Finly at the Mav's and so on...
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Well, currently, the teams are either stacked with veterans, or stacked with young and/or rookie players. Then again, there are just those teams who have no idea what they're doing, *ahem* Kings. I think they should start aiming for new, and good players, but then they get Jackson back. I'm not downing on him, but if he said it himself, he's going to retire to coach in a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Vindicated
Banhammer
Banhammer
Vindicated

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Coaching? Ugh, we'll see how that'll go. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Well, whatever he does, that's his choice, but what is the team doing? If there were going to lose Artest, maybe bring in some decent young players, a new team of young players who will step it up later. Kevin Matin certainly is helping, need more though. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sin
Burned
Sin

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:14 pm

New topic, what team is your favorite? Why is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NBA Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion   NBA Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NBA Discussion
Page 1 of 1